Tuesday 30 April, 2013
1 My faithful God, answer me when I call out to you. Give me rest from my trouble. Show me your favor. Hear my prayer. 2 How long will you people turn my glory into shame? How long will you love what will certainly fail you? How long will you pray to statues of gods? Selah 3 Remember that the Lord has set his faithful people apart for himself. The Lord will hear me when I call out to him. 4 When you are angry, do not sin. When you are in bed, look deep down inside you and be silent. Selah 5 Offer sacrifices to the Lord in the right way. Trust in him. 6 Many are asking, “Who can show us anything good?” Lord, let us see your face smiling on us with favor. 7 You have filled my heart with great joy. It is greater than the joy of people who have lots of grain and fresh wine. 8 I will lie down and sleep in peace. Lord, you alone keep me safe.
Today’s passage shows us that we can rejoice in God’s protection and peace.
The writer of this psalm is David. Regardless of when David wrote
this, he put his trust in God because the Lord has mercy on him and hears his prayer.
Many people love delusions and seek false gods and ask “who can show us any good?” They don’t know that:
- The Lord has set apart the faithful for himself.
- They are not to sin when angry.
- They are to search their hearts and be silent on their beds.
- Offer right sacrifices and trust in the Lord.
- The light of His face can shine upon them.
But, David knew the Lord and:
- His heart was filled with greater joy than when the grain and new wine abound.
- He was able to lie down and sleep in peace and dwelt in safety.
Dear Lord, help me to place my confidence in You, no matter in what situations or what other people are saying? Because the Bible says “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible” Matthew 20:26 Amen.
Written by Allen Leu
[comments section is closed]