If you have ever felt anxiety or depression, it seems as though you are in good company as King David reveals his anxiety and depression before the Lord!
The following things strike me in this psalm as great examples when we face an onslaught of concerns and negative feelings:
- Reveal them to God in brutal honesty and clarity.
- Continue to read the scriptures and turn to God in prayer every morning, even though I don’t feel like it
- Think of the blessings God has given me and give thanks and praise.
- Declare the truth of who God is and his promises
- Demand that God deliver on his promises.
- Patiently repeat, day by day.
“Lord, you do break through, when circumstances and dark clouds seem to envelop us. You are greater. Why we must wait some times, I don’t know. But you do break through and bring your abundance of life! Amen”
Written by Andrew Mellor