Day 15 (9 Mar 2020) – Formed for God’s family

1) Hebrews 2:10 (NCV); 2) 1 John 3:1a (NLT)

1) God is the One who made all things, and all things are for his glory. He wanted to have many children share his glory, so he made the One who leads people to salvation perfect through suffering. 2) See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are!

As a child I was part a very big extended family of cousins, aunts and uncles. We lived very different lives in quite diverse suburbs. Yet even now when we connect there is a sense of acceptance and love. We may not always agree, we have differing points of view and yet without exception I have watched individuals put their own opinions aside to support, include and love one another. The more family tree research is done the more I see this attitude reflected in the past of my family as well. While I realise this will not be everyone’s personal family experience, it reminds me how much as chosen children of God we need to take up this same attitude of love and acceptance of each other. God himself has set the standard – we are all loved and precious to him. We need to work together to be family to each other, accepting differences, seeking to understand and actively loving and supporting just as our Heavenly Father does for us. Jesus is our common DNA.

Heavenly Father give us your grace in our lives to love and support one another. Help us to remember that we are yours – called and chosen. And help us Lord, to always seek to accept each other just as you accept each one of us. In the name of Jesus. Amen

Written by Christine Knight

7 replies
  1. Peirangi Stiles says:

Jesus was made perfect through suffering. Wow, what a thought. It impacts how we view suffering in our own lives. Do I rail against times of suffering or do I allow Father God to do His perfecting work of redeeming, reconciling and refining? A challenge, especially when these times can last not just days or weeks, but years..

2. Dina Reed says:

It is interesting that among all this love perfection came through suffering, my instinct is,: If God loves me that I shouldn’t suffer, and my nature as a mum and grandmother that I try to remove the pain from my loved ones . But this verse teach me that love and suffering can go hand in hand. And suffering has a role in our lives. Maybe we should look at it this way, that love can make suffering bearable and suffering makes love possible.

Thank you Jesus that you loved us and suffered for us beyond our imagination. Teach us to be like you in every way.
    Amen

3. Richard says:

Love, acceptance & forgiveness – just so very powerful for all – and Jesus give them in spades!

4. Florence Farjandi says:

He is awesome God ‘ no any God like Him’ He loves us and died for us ‘ because want show us what is love means. Praise Him. Amen

5. Sam S says:

“God himself has set the standard…” and on top of this was the precedent (as in, made the first move). Great word for the day Christine!

6. Kerrie says:

This is a great summary, Dina. Thanks for your insight
    ‘Maybe we should look at it this way, that love can make suffering bearable and suffering makes love possible.
    As we suffer, we learn to love, and as we love we can support those who are suffering.’

7. Stella Ng says:

The world will become beautiful if all people share the same family name to be called brothers and sisters!! What a great reminder of this purpose that God has for us to participate in the fellowship of God’s eternal family. Amen!

[comments section is closed]