Our Beliefs and Values
Worship | Reach | Build
Empowered by the The Spirit
Where WE ARE headed
Over the years, C3 Church Carlingford will grow as God grants that growth. How fast is in His hands. It is our role to work to build a healthy, dynamic church that reflects the calling and vision that God has given to us and to disciple His people. We are to be faithful to what He has called us to be – as described by our purpose and values – and what we are called to do in response to His purpose and values.
Who We Are
statement of faith
As part of the C3 Church Global movement, this is our statement of faith:
- There is one God — God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ the Son of God — we believe in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His constant intercession and in His imminent return
- In the person and work of the Holy Spirit with His fruits and gifts available in the Church
- The Bible is the living word of God — infallible, authoritative and everlasting, and the foundation of all Christian doctrine
- In the existence of an evil spiritual being — the devil
- In the spiritually lost condition of all people and the essential need for the “new birth” by faith in Jesus Christ
- In the baptism of the Holy Spirit as a gift available to believers subsequent to the new birth, with the normal evidence of speaking in other tongues
- In the sacraments of the Lord’s Supper and baptism by full immersion in water for all believers
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting separation from God
- In the church being the body of Christ, and each member being an active part of a local church, fulfilling the Great Commission.
- Marriage was instituted by God, ratified by Jesus, and is exclusively between a man and a woman. It is a picture of Christ and his church.
- Sex is a gift from God for procreation and unity, and it is only appropriate within and designed for marriage.
principles guide our actions
principles guide our actions
- People are transformed by the power of God’s Word and Spirit.
- Lost people matter to God and therefore matter to us.
- We love our Church.
- Our Church ministers through teams, led by gifted leaders empowered by the Holy Spirit
- Spiritual growth and Christian community happen best in small groups.
- Full devotion to Christ is normal for every believer.
- Excellence honours God and inspires people.
- We are a place of love, acceptance and forgiveness.
- We are culturally relevant while maintaining the values of God’s Kingdom.
- We are committed to an organisational structure that is dynamic, flexible and empowering, to facilitate continual numerical growth.
- We are committed to personal and corporate prayer, recognising the sovereignty and power of God and the need for believers to exercise their faith.
- We are generous; evidenced in how we use our time, abilities, resources and money.
- We recognise the importance of families.